The AIDS Library collection remains in the Commons and has expanded to include a variety of consumer health resources on various health and wellness topics such as: diabetes, HIV, hepatitis C, heart health, spiritual growth and wellness, nutrition across the life-span, and much more.
Join us in the Commons to:
- View health-related books, magazines and DVDs
- Request for Information from trained staff on any health and wellness topic
- Ready Reference Guides
- Pick up a copy of Greater Philadelphia Resource Guide, the Re-Entry Planning Manual or an of our many fact sheets and other publications
- Search for health information in a stigma-free space
For more information, call us at 215-985-4851 or stop in.
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 11am-4pm
- Tuesday, Thursday: 10am-3pm.
Health and Wellness workshops are designed to educate community members on healthy living practices for the body, mind and soul. Our workshops aim to be informative, interactive and most of all fun!
Workshops offered cover the following subject areas:
- Physical Fitness
- Mental and Spiritual Fitness
- Chronic Disease Management
- Life Survival Skills
Movements in Dance
Wednesday, October 3rd 2018 & Wednesday, October 10th 2018
Time: 4:00 PM
Introduction to Africa, Caribbean Folk and Modern dance movements.
Crochet for Beginners
Thursday, October 4th and 11th
Time: 3:30 PM
Learn about the fundamentals of crochet, stitching, yarns, hooks and pattern reading.
Mock Interview/Dress for Success
Tuesday, October 9th 2018
Time: 3:30 PM
Learn how to land your next job by doing a mock interview.
Adult Education Opportunities: Navigating the Commons
Monday, October 15th 2018
Time: 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM