Earn a certificate upon completing this 5-week series.
Do you often feel stressed out and overwhelmed by daily life? Attend this 5-week workshop series to learn techniques for managing stress through artistic practices. Research has shown that these types of artistic practices can reduce stress and anxiety and improve your mood. In this series, you will:
- Learn four techniques for coping with stress
- Identify the sources of stress in your life and learn about resources to minimize these stressors
- Create a stress-reduction plan by applying coping strategies in real-life scenarios
Upon completion of this series, you will earn a certificate at an informal graduation ceremony. To receive a certificate, you must attend every workshop in the series:
- February 5, 3 p.m.: Stress Management 101, led by Jefferson Public Health students
- February 13, 3 p.m.: Mindfulness Meditation, led by Zemirah Scott
- February 18, 2 p.m.: Therapeutic Art and Music Making, led by staff from BuildaBridge International
- February 27, 3 p.m.: Conscious Dance, led by Alexandra Ripkin
- March 5, 3 p.m.: Final Assessment & Graduation
Thank you for your interest. Registration is closed for this workshop. Please check out future workshops.